Thursday, April 23, 2015

Kiss a Goat!

Garbageless lunches
It was great to see some garbageless lunches on Earth day. Many lunches and snacks brought to school have little garbage which is awesome. Students are very good at bringing in reusable water bottles that help to keep them hydrated throughout the day.

Congratulations to the Grade 3/4 choir for receiving the Dr. S. Willis Prowse Memorial Trophy for best choir from the  K-6 chorus choir class at the Music Festival. What an outstanding accomplishment.

Help support a family overseas.
The S.P.I.N. Club is running a new campaign called, "We Create Change". They are collecting toonies. Did you know that fifty dollars provides a goat for someone overseas? There will be ballots for students who bring in a toonie to select a staff member to kiss a goat! We will let you know who that lucky person is at our May assembly.

We planted beans today. I wonder how many super gardeners we have in Room 2. Will they grow as tall as Jack's beanstalk?

Here are our thoughts:

I hope my bean plant will grow. -Brianna
I am looking forward to planting the seeds because I love plants. One of my favourite things in the world is nature. -Isla
I am excited that we planted bean seeds. My container is pretty. -Xoie
My Big Buddy was reading with me. We read my I Spy book. -Hunter
We filled our marble jar for working hard. We decided to have Show and Tell plus an extra recess. Some kids are going to bring stuffies. Mine is going to be a surprise. -Kyla
We had Subway lunch today. I ordered a foot long sub. -KaydenI will water my bean plant and Mrs. Tresoor's too. -Saydee
I hope Mr. Hargreaves gets picked to kiss a goat. -Diamond
I read to my Big Buddy. Michael read to me too. He is a good reader. -Brayden
I think my plant will grow so big. It will be as tall as me. -Kody
We planted seeds and it will turn into a bean plant. -Ashley
I enjoyed planting the beans. We added soil. They need water and sunlight. -Ezra
We planted bean seeds. I think mine will grow into a bean plant. -Ashton
Everybody wants Mr. Hargreaves to kiss a goat. I want to see that. -Reese
When I bring in two dollars I am going to vote for Mrs. Tresoor to kiss a goat. -Shelby
The Jets are out of the playoffs. It's not exciting anymore. I'm still cheering for the Jets. -Rylee
I'm going to vote for Mr. Hargreaves to kiss the goat. -Andrew

Thanks to everyone for all the work you did this week. I am hearing and seeing people showing kindness to others each day. Compliments are being made, class supplies are being shared, help is being offered to clean up some of our messes, and the list goes on and on. It sure makes a difference in our classroom and it helps to brighten someone's day. I hope you put a smile on someone's face this weekend by showing kindness.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment