Monday, April 06, 2015

Kindness Assembly

The Grade Ones hosted an assembly about kindness on Monday, March 23rd. A Top 10 list about ways to show kindness was shared by students throughout the assembly. We memorized a poem called, Smile which was presented with huge smiling faces. The Friendship song was an appropriate choice as we are all trying to be good friends in Grade One.

Here are our thoughts:
I loved when the people clapped. -Kayden
My favourite song was Friends. -Kyla
I enjoyed the Smiling poem. -Brianna
I loved that I saw all of my friends smiling at me. -Ashley
I loved when everyone clapped because that made me happy. -Xoie
I was really frightened because I had to go up in front of the whole school and say, "Welcome to our assembly about kindness." I was smiling a lot. -Shelby
My favourite part was singing the songs and saying the poems. -Diamond
It was fun when I was saying the Smiling poem. -Isla
I was not at the assembly, but I saw a video of the class doing the poem. -Ashton
I enjoyed going in front of lots of people and I liked singing in front of lots of people too. -Andrew
It was great speaking in front of the whole entire school. I liked singing all the songs. -Ezra











Thanks to everyone for doing their part in making the assembly a success. We had to show courage by getting up in front of the whole school. I'm so proud of all of you.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment