Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Field Day

What perfect weather for our Field Day today. The students all got sports cards and were able to visit 35 different stations. There were many smiling faces and so much excitement throughout the day. I'm glad we were able to stay with our partners so we could have lots of fun together.

Here are our thoughts:
When we were doing water polo I got water and I dumped it on my head. I got soaking wet. -Shelby
I liked doing ping pong in the gym. I kept it up against the wall. -Diamond
Kody caught the water balloon and then he threw it to me. It popped and sprayed all over my legs. -Brianna
Today I played hockey shoot out and I got it top corner. I got a gold. -Ashton
I noticed that at the juice stand there were cups of juice. I thought there would be juice boxes. The juice was good. -Isla
I loved that we got to play at the stations. It was fun. My favourite station was the water balloons. Xoie
I liked when I played that football throw. I got it through the hula hoop 6 times. -Brayden
I enjoyed the water balloons because I got soaked. -Andrew
I hit Brianna with the ping pong ball by accident. I said I was sorry. She was okay. -Kody
I played football throw. I didn't miss one of them. -Hunter
I liked the shoe fly the best. I used Jessica's sandal. -Kingston
I noticed there were more stations than last year. -Ezra
I liked breaking the water balloons. I splashed Xoie. -Saydee
I can't believe that Grade 8s are coming to help at the Field Day. My best friend Abby is here. -Ashley
I liked the baseball station. I hit it by the trees. Kayden
Me and Isla had lots of fun at Field Day. We stayed together the whole time. -Kyla
I liked the shoe fly. I got it farther than the purple cone. -Reese
I liked when I scooped the ball up with my elbows. It was fun because I got 4 balls out of the bucket. -Rylee



Thanks to Mrs. Rand for her amazing organization. The events were run by parent and student helpers and it could not have been done without them. Thanks to the volunteers who helped with hot lunch. What a treat it was to have a delicious lunch after such an active morning. We were glad many parents were able to spend part of the day with us.

I'm sure we will all sleep well tonight after all the fresh air and activity. Awesome participation everyone!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment