Friday, June 12, 2015

Measurement Rules!

We have been doing some measurement work this week. We read the book, How Big is a Foot to get us thinking about what measurement is. The students had fun tracing and designing their own foot. Our Big Buddies helped us to compare our feet to objects in the room. What is longer and shorter than your foot?

Here are our thoughts:
A ruler is handy if you are building something. -Kyla
I learned how to measure stuff with my Big Buddy. It was fabulous. -Andrew
My foot was longer than my Big Buddy's foot. -Ashton
My foot is longer than an eraser. -Kayden
I learned how to measure with a ruler. I start at 0 and keep on counting on and I know what size something is. -Hunter
My foot is shorter than the whiteboard. -Shelby
My foot is longer than my pencil. -Ashley
I noticed the table number stands are longer than my foot. -Saydee
My foot is shorter than the globe. -Brianna
I learned about why measurement was invented. -Diamond
I liked when I coloured in my foot. I compared my foot to my book box. -Brayden
My foot is shorter than my t-shirt. -Kingston
I noticed that the King's foot was bigger than the apprentice's foot in the story. -Kody
I never knew that my foot was longer than my face. -Reese
My foot is really growing. I will use the foot that I traced to measure my foot each year. -Rylee
I noticed that my foot was longer than I thought. It was fun to see what is longer and shorter than my foot. -Xoie
We measured our feet and mine was 24 centimetres long. -Ezra

These Grade Ones really measure up! Thanks to our Big Buddies for helping us with this activity.

Have a great weekend everyone. Don't forget it's Spirit Week next week!
Wear red and white on Monday.
-Mrs. T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment