Friday, June 26, 2015

The Most Important Thing I Learned . . .

This year has just flown by. It is sad to think that we won't be together as a group in just a few days. I am so proud of what these young people have accomplished this year. We have been doing lots of reflecting and I thought it would be interesting to see what the students thought was the most important thing they learned this year. We talked about all the learning that has gone on, but I wanted them to think about one thing that was important and that would continue to help them in their role as a student. As always, they impressed me with their thinking.

Here are our thoughts to finish this statement:
The most important thing I learned in Grade 1 is 

. . . to be kind every day. -Ezra
. . . reading helps me and my stamina. -Rylee
. . . to listen all the time. -Hunter
. . . to be kind to everybody. -Reese
. . . to read not too hard and not too easy books. Isla
. . . to practice reading. -Andrew
. . . to be kind to friends and say kind words. -Brianna
. . . I can read chapter books! -Ashton
. . . learning to be kind all the time. -Diamond
. . . reading helps me work hard. -Saydee
. . . I need to be kind to the teacher and the class. -Kody
. . . to read every day because it makes me read better and better. -Shelby
. . . to communicate with my friends during sharing time. -Kingston
. . . to read hard books. -Ashley
. . . to listen and work hard. -Kayden
. . . to read and learn my numbers. -Brayden
. . . kindness. To be kind is awesome! -Kyla
. . . reading helps me learn. -Xoie

I have learned that the growth the students show in Grade 1 is tremendous. It amazed me every day how excited everyone was about learning. It is clear that kindness has been an important message we have been sharing all year. To see the class so engaged in reading good fit books always put a smile on my face. Thanks to this amazing group of students for teaching me how much fun learning can be for all of us.

Have a great last weekend of June everyone! It looks like we will need lots of sunscreen.
-Mrs. T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment