Thursday, June 16, 2016

Outdoor Classroom

We had friends from Dr. Hamilton School come over to spend time with us today. Ms. Clarke's grade 1 class has been taking part in an Outdoor Classroom Challenge. Her class has taken their learning outdoors all this week. . . they are outdoor experts! We were able to learn how to build a shelter from tarps, bungee cords and pegs. The plan was to have the sun shining, and of course it came out at 3 o'clock after our friends had left. We did have tons of fun, even without the sun. I think there may be lots of talk about geocaching at home tonight.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked going geocaching. We found it by Sobeys. Nobody saw it because it was green and it was small and it was camouflaged on a tree. -Josh
I went for a long walk, -Ethan
I liked helping build our shelter. -Bapreet
I was playing basketball and I made a friend. -Callum
I liked when we got to walk. I saw lots of things. -Jake
I liked when Dr. Hamilton School came to BHS to see us. -Anna
I hit the peg into the ground. -Cody
I liked the way we built the shelter. -Gavin
I liked when I made two new friends. One of my friends has her birthday on the same day as mine. -Sierra
I was outside a lot today. -Jay Dee
I liked it when we built the shelter. I hammered in the peg. -Eliza
I loved when my friend came. He is on my hockey team. He is my best hockey friend. -Zachary
I liked when Dr. Hamilton people came to BHS because I got to make new friends. -Cady
I liked playing basketball and meeting a new friend. -Russell A.
I was outside most of the day. -Russell L.
I liked geocaching. It was hard to find the geocache. -Levi
I liked meeting a new friend. I liked being outside mostly all day. Brady
I liked making a tent. -Naomi

We got in lots of exercise and enjoyed the fresh air. I think we will sleep well tonight. Thanks for all the great outdoor excitement. 
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment