Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Shadows



We have been talking about shadows and how they are made. On Monday we went outside to create shadows on the grass and on the tarmac. We were able to trace the outline of our bodies using sidewalk chalk.


Here are our thoughts:

When something is in the way of the sun or any kind of light it makes a shadow. -Levi
I liked my shadow because it looks like I was jumping. -Callum
When I made my shadows, it looked really creepy because it looked like I was a monster. -Anna
Shadows can be made in sunlight when the sun is behind you. -Josh
I made myself really small. My shadow looked like a circle. -Cody
When you turn yourself around the other way the shadow is still there. You can make you shadow shorter and longer by moving back and forward. -Bapreet
People made shadows outside. -Russell L.
If you block sunlight you make a shadow. My shadow was a flexing shadow. -Zachary
Whatever you do, your shadow does it too. -Jake
Shadows do not have eyes. They just show what your body outline looks like. -Landyn
I liked my shadow the best because it doesn't show your clothes or your shoes. -Brady
If you do something your shadow does it too. I stood straight and so did my shadow. -Eliza
Some shadows could be really scary. -Russell A.
Some shadows can be different and some shadows can be cute. You make your body like an animal or you can use your hands to make an animal. Cady
Some times shadows can be bigger and some shadows can be small. When face the sun, the shadow is behind you. When you face away from the sun, the shadow is in front of you. -Sierra
I made a shadow with my body, -Ethan
I made a caterpillar and a butterfly shadow with my hands. -Naomi
I made a shadow with my oruside. -Jay Dee

It sure was a good thing we did this activity at the start of the week because there is no sign of the sun today. The rain has washed away all of our chalk drawings. At least we have pictures to show off our hard work.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment