Saturday, October 22, 2016

How Are You Feeling?

We have been talking about feelings as we learn more about Zones of Regulation. Our faces really do show how we are feeling and it is helpful to be able to know what facial expressions mean. We drew faces to show happy, sad and angry. It was important to pay attention to the shapes of our eyes, eyebrows and mouths when we were drawing these faces. Students are working on identifying their own feelings and how they look and act differently. 

Here are our thoughts:
Sometimes I can feel happy or sad. -Arianna
When you are happy you can see peoples' teeth. -Tyson
When I drew a happy face I drew big eyes and a smile. -Ava
When I am sad I cry. -Desi
I am sad and my face looks droopy. -Blake
I smile when I am happy. -Dominic
When I am angry I am mad. -Jack
When I get happy I smile. -Ben
When I am sad I feel like I am going to cry. -Charlotte
I feel mad when I go to my room. -Lily
I yell and slam my door when I am mad. -Chase
I am mad when other people do mean things to me. -Brody
Sometimes my face looks mad. -Andrew
I drew a happy face. -Stacey
I smile and it's so much fun that my friends want to play with me when I am smiling. -Brooke
When I am sad I cry. -Theo
When I am happy I have a smile. -Adria

It is good to be able to express ourselves. Can you identify these feelings?
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment