Friday, May 22, 2015

African Drums

Ms. Knoll has brought in the African drums for music classes. The students were able to learn to play them using different parts of their hands. It was impressive to hear the sounds and rhythms they created. We are fortunate to have the drums at our school for a couple of weeks. You may see and hear some drumming at home as the students practice some of their techniques on tables and chairs!

Here are our thoughts:
I liked he drumming because it felt like I was in a parade because lots of people were drumming too. -Isla
When I played the drums I listened to all the rules and I stayed on the drums the whole time. -Hunter
I loved that I played on my own drum. Mine had beads on it. -Xoie
I liked the songs we played with the drums. -Kyla
I learned how to play a drum. It was so fun. -Kody
I liked when we were banging on the drums. We had beats to follow and work on. -Kayden
We all got to play on the drums. It was easy when we were drumming. -Saydee
I really liked drumming because we learned some beats of songs. -Ezra
I loved that we got to play on the drums. It was cool because you could almost hear walking sounds when we banged on the drum. -Ashley
We got to drum in the music room for the very first time. -Reese
I liked drumming on the African drums because it was cool and fun. -Andrew
I wanted to play the drums, but I went home. I am going to play them next music class. -Diamond
I liked when we got to play the drums. It was very, very fun and we got to copy Ms. Knoll doing different beats. -Shelby
I learned to make music on the drum. The drums made a loud sound. -Brayden

It is always exciting to have new experiences. The drums were a big hit! Thanks Ms. Knoll for having them at our school.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone. Don't forget to wear sunscreen for the warm weather we are expecting.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment