Friday, May 15, 2015

It's Already the May Long Weekend!

The week started with our Kiss a Goat assembly. The students waited anxiously to see which staff member was voted to kiss a goat. Mr. Hargreaves was the lucky one. Ms. Knoll and Mrs. Palamar were good sports as Mr. Hargreaves got them to kiss Shadow as well. We were able to raise enough money to provide 7 goats to families overseas. It was a fun way to get the students and staff involved in this good cause. We were  happy to celebrate Kingston's birthday with some cake and juice. He got his hands on the cake first which was fitting since it was his birthday. Our bean plants went home and the green thumbs in Room 2 are going to tend to their plants in their new environment. Some have said that they are growing quite tall. Enjoy the video of some of the week's highlights.

 

Here are our thoughts:
When I took my plant home I was going to show my grandma and it spilled all over my bag. We put it back together. -Hunter
When I brought my plant home I had to hold on to its stem so it wouldn't blow in the bus loop. -Ashton
I can't wait to see what my plant looks like because my plant is at my mom's and I am at my dad's today. I think it is going to have big leaves. -Isla
I was happy that I brought my plant home. When my mom was picking us up my cat ate some of the leaves. My cat is okay. We need to put my plant higher up in a container. -Xoie
When I brought my plant home it was blowing in the wind. At my nana's house I tried to plant a flower. The flower plant blew over and the seeds went out and we couldn't plant it. -Rylee
My plant was on my counter and my cat jumped on the counter and ripped it. -Brianna
It was funny when Mr. Hargreaves, Mrs. Palamar and Ms. Knoll kissed the goat on the lips. -Kayden
My plant grew huge and really big. It has 5 leaves. -Reese
My plant is growing taller and taller and it is growing some beans. -Ashley
My plant grew a lot during May. -Ezra
Mr. Hargreaves kissed a goat. So did Ms. Knoll and Mrs. Palamar. It was funny and cute. -Brayden
I shared birthday cake with my friends. I got my hands on the first piece. It was yummy. -Kingston
Kingston reached for the cake and got messy. The cake was good. -Diamond
My mom loved the plant. I put it at the window. -Kody
On Monday a goat came in to the school and its name was Shadow. Mr. Hargreaves, Mrs. Palamar and Ms. Knoll kissed the goat. -Kyla
I liked that we got to plant seeds because I like planting plants. It is fun. -Andrew
I enjoyed planting the seeds when we were growing plants. -Ezra
I thought it was funny when Mr. Hargreaves kissed the goat. Mrs. Palamar kissed the goat on the lips. -Shelby

The weeks are flying by. I'm glad we still have time to be together and to celebrate all the learning we have been doing. I hope you enjoy the long weekend. It may be a little rainy, but at least things outside are getting greener. Don't forget to spend time outside participating in the 30x30 Nature Challenge. . . you may need an umbrella.
- Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment