Thursday, May 07, 2015

Nature is Calling


Have you heard about the 30x30 Nature Challenge? The David Suzuki Foundation challenges people to spend 30 minutes a day outside in nature for 30 days in the month of May. As a class we have discussed ways to make this happen. We spent our "work on writing" time in our outdoor classroom on the playground. Students chose a spot they felt would allow them to do their choice writing. The fresh air and sunshine helped to inspire us. It is terrific that we can find opportunities to learn and enjoy nature. The spotting of a ladybug added to the excitement.









Thanks to Ms. Wasney for sharing this information with us. There are several classes at BHS participating in this challenge.

Here are our thoughts:
The first rock had a spider so I moved to another rock and it was good. -Saydee
I liked that I finally got to go on the rocks because they are not on our side for recess. -Isla
I loved that I got fresh air when we were writing on the rocks. -Kyla
Brayden, Ashley and me did a good job working outside. -Kayden
I was glad to write outside. -Brianna
I can't believe that we worked outside and got more fresh air. We worked as hard as we could. -Ashley
It was fabulous that we got to work outside. I was working hard. -Andrew
I liked writing on the rocks with Kayden and Ashley. -Brayden
I like the 30 x 30 challenge. I play outside on my trampoline. -Ashton
I was outside with my friends. The rocks were hard. -Kingston
I loved when we got to write outside. I wrote a lot. -Xoie
I went outside for writing. It was quiet and nobody was walking around us. -Ezra
I had fun writing outside and I wrote as much as I could. It helped me outside because nobody was talking. -Hunter.
It was a challenge to stay out that long, but we did it. We got a lot done. -Rylee
I picked a good spot to work. I wrote a lot. -Kody
It was a good being outside because I had no one interrupting me. -Diamond
I enjoyed when we got to go on the rocks and I wrote about me and my sister making up a new game. -Shelby
We wrote outside.I wrote about my dad going to my grandma and grandpa's and getting trees. -Reese



We hope you find time to get outside and enjoy nature. What are some ways you will meet the challenge?
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment