Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Folk Dance Festival


Despite the rain we received on the long weekend, the Folk Dance Festival was a go at Centennial Park. What a perfect day to be outside dancing in the park. It was great to have parents come out to watch our moves and to participate in some dances. We appreciate all the help Mrs. Rand and Ms. Knoll provided to teach us the dances.




Here are our thoughts:
I liked the Folk Dance because it was fun dancing. -Isla
The Folk Dance was fun because I danced the whole time. -Ashton
It was fun dancing because they were fun songs. -Rylee
My favourite dances were Get off the Couch and Macarena. -Kyla
I enjoyed doing Get off the Couch and I like dancing. -Brianna
I liked dancing to the songs. I am a good dancer. -Kody
I was happy when I did some dancing. -Kayden
I liked eating lunch in the park. -Hunter
I loved when we got to eat on the tarp. It was fabulous. -Andrew
I loved to dance and eat lunch at the Folk Dance Festival. -Ezra
I liked seeing my mom and dad there. -Reese
I liked dancing to my favourite songs. My favourite one is Get off the Couch. -Shelby
I had fun dancing in the park and my favourite dance was Seven Jumps. -Diamond
I had fun being outside with my friends. -Kingston

Wow, it was pretty amazing to see so many schools participating in this event. Over the next two days there will be around 3 000 students dancing in the park. Thanks to everyone for moving and grooving to some fun songs. It was a first time experience for the Grade 1s and they did a super job. Keep dancing. . . anytime, anywhere!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment